You can use the Options below to filter this listing or to look back to previous events.
Wed10Jan20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
A light hearted competition to start the New Year. By gradual elimination using a simple 'which one do you prefer' approach, any image can make it to the later stages.
We've had a good response from members and will be starting with 128 images. These will be whittled down to the last 16 and after the break, the final four rounds will reveal the overall winner ! Good luck everyone . . .
Wed24Jan20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
This workshop will take the form of a projected demonstration showing how to make good use of Lightroom and Photoshop. There will be time for discussion and questions and to see how your images can be transformed in Post Processing.
Please note that this is the last opportunity to submit images for the open competition which will be judged on 21st February 2018
Sun28Jan2018Time to be confirmedMeeting place and exact venue will be advised by email nearer the time.
Meet up with others from the club and explore the photographic opportunities at Stonehaven, just an hour's drive from Kirrie. Great harbour, stoney beach, often with crashing waves and fantastic Fish and Chip and Ice Cream shops right next door to each other, so something for all.
Wed07Feb20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Another series of topics, this time chosen by members and presented by our own 'experts' on each of the requested subjects.
If you have a particular aspect of photography which you would like 'enlightened' then just let us know in good time and we'll do our best to include it for you.
Sat17Feb2018All DayTown Hall, Kirriemuir
Following last year's successful stand at the Feel Good Festival, we have once again booked a stand this year to promote the club and raise funds. More details will be given nearer the time as help from member volunteers will be needed on the day.
Wed21Feb20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Our second judged competition this year will be judged by our guest Nicola Shepherd. We've decided to change the theme for this one and make this an 'Open' Competition. This means you can enter a maximum of two images of your own choice and that there is no specific theme to adhere to. Please read the Competition Guidelines on the club website and note especially that images submitted must have been taken within the past 12 months. Last chance this year - so go on, have a go . . . go on . . go on . . . dare you !
Please note that the final submission date for this competition is 24 January 2018 to allow sufficient time for entries to be collated and prepared for passing to the judge.
Wed07Mar20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
A demonstration of Macro Photography by one of our own members followed by a hands-on workshop for you to try it for yourself. Remember to bring your camera !
We will also be judging the Division 3 Open Competition tonight.
Tue13Mar20187:00 pmCathedral Hall, Brechin
These two Annual Angus Clubs competitions are long established and are being hosted this year in the Cathedral Hall in Brechin by the Arbroath Camera Club.
This is the first year we have been invited to participate against the other clubs in Angus. We will be entering 7 Mounted Prints and 7 Digital Projected Images to represent our best work. These will be selected from throughout the club by a small group of committee members, some of whom already have experience of this competition.
Wed21Mar20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Again with an emphasis on the practical aspects of photography, Colin Stacey has entitled his talk for tonight ' Images My Way - with the help of the Computer'
Wed04Apr20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
The remaining Summer Assignments Categories for Motion Blur, Patterns in Nature and reflections will be reviewed and critiqued by Alistair Carrie. Also tonight a presentation by Ian Cobb on his subject of 'Abstracts'
With apologies to anyone who was expecting to see a drone flying. Unfortunately, the pilot was called away on another mission !
Wed18Apr20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
This year's AGM will be followed by a facilitated discussion on what members have enjoyed most this year and what they would especially like to see included in next year's syllabus.
Members are invited to bring 3 prints of their own choosing, taken during the past club year, for a Pop-Up Exhibition around the hall. They don't have to be mounted and can be of any size you wish !
After the exhibition break, Michael Visocchi will be giving a presentation of his work in restoring old photographs for The Kirriemuir Heritage Trust.
Sat21Apr20187.00 pm for 7.30 pmKirriemuir Golf Club
This year, as well as the dinner, we will be having our Annual Awards Ceremony to recognise the photographic work and contributions made by members throughout the 2017-2018 season. We will be presenting four new trophies which will become annual awards in the years ahead. In addition, the winners will receive an engraved medal to keep as a personal reminder.
The awards are as follows:
The Fin McKenzie Trophy - Highest aggregate points in Division 1 Competitions
The Clova Cup - Highest aggregate points in Division 2 Competitions
The Prosen Cup - Highest aggregate points in Division 3 Competitions
The President's Award - Awarded at the discretion of the President to a member who has made a significant contribution to the work of the club in the past year.
If you are travelling from Kirriemuir please meet at Bellie's Brae car park in good time to car share and leave at 13:00 hours. If you prefer to travel independently, then meet up in the Ferryden Car Park at approximately13:30 hours when we can all walk down to the lighthouse together.
The weather forecast at the moment is for a bright dry afternoon with photogenic clouds - should be ideal !
Sun19Aug201810:00 amMeet Bellies Brae Car Park at 10.00 am
Following the success of last year's outing to The Fringe, Alan has organised another visit to The Edinburgh Festival on Sunday 19 August 2018. If you are going, please meet up in Bellies Brae Car Park at 10.00 AM to arrange car sharing for a prompt departure. If you plan to travel independently, please let Alan know in advance so that a meeting place can be arranged in advance. Last year's visit produced some superb images and was greatly enjoyed by all who took part.
Wed05Sep20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- An introduction to the club and an overview the coming season’s events and competition information hosted by the President.
- Review of images from the summer assignments.
- Note that Annual Membership fees of £30 are now due.
Wed19Sep20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- An evening of demonstrations and discussion, taking us from capturing the shot right through simple processing skills and setting up to print. There will also be three mounting stations to mount the final prints to competition standards or to prepare for framing.
- If you wish feel free to bring your camera along and have a go yourself. We also plan to have two or three of our experienced members on hand to answer any current queries you might have.
Wed03Oct20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- One of our competition judges from last year, Ian McCurrach, returns to KPC, this time to give a talk on the subject of 'Composition'
- Submission deadline date for entries to the Themed Competition - 'While The Sun Shines'
Wed17Oct20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Part 1 - Bring a print of your favourite image for discussion in groups.
- Part 2 - Bring a favourite piece of kit with you and share why with others in your group.
Wed31Oct20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Guest judge Andy Hayes will judge the Division 1 and Division 2 images for the themed competition 'While the Sun Shines'
Wed14Nov20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- A selection of members will give short presentations on a subject of their choice.
- Division 3 images for the themed competition 'While The Sun Shines' will be judged by one of our own club members.
- Final arrangements for this outing will be announced at the club nearer to the time and will also be posted here when known.
Wed28Nov20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Selected images from the club outing to The Hermitage will be used in a number of image processing workshops using a variety of editing software.
Wed12Dec20187:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Come along and test your knowledge of photography in our Annual Photography Quiz accompanied by some excellent nibbles etc.
- Submission deadline date for entries to the January Knockout Competition.