You can use the Options below to filter this listing or to look back to previous events.
Wed09Jan20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Our informal Knockout Competition starts the New Year in an informal way. Good fun and a popular night.
- Submission deadline date for entries to the Open Competition which takes place on 6th February.
Wed23Jan20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Award winning professional photographer, Jeremy Walker, will give a presentation of his work.
Wed06Feb20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Guest judge Roy Robertson will judge Divisions 1 and 2 for our Open Competition
Wed20Feb20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Renowned Landscape, Sports and Fine Art Photographer David Lowe, completes his latest Scottish Tour with this evening's presentation of his work at Kirriemuir. Not to be missed - invite your friends!
- Check out some of David's work at http://www.davidlowepics.com/
Wed06Mar20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- A demonstration workshop on how to tackle Portraits and Lighting.
- Division 3 images for the Open Competition will be judged by Brian Forsyth.
- Submission deadline date for entries to Print of the Year and Digital Image of the Year competitions. (See below)
Tue12Mar20197:00 pmSt Andrews Church Hall, St Andrew St, Brechin, Angus DD9 6JB
These annual inter-club competitions are held between Brechin, Mearns, Carnoustie Camera Club, Carnoustie Photo Group, Kirriemuir Photography Club and Arbroath & District Photography Club.
The venue is the same each year but the event is hosted in turn by each of the clubs invited to participate. We have entered 7 Mounted Prints and 7 Digital Projected Images to represent some of our best work from the past year. This is our second year taking part and images have been selected from throughout the club by a small group of committee members, all of whom already have experience of this competition.
Wed20Mar20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- John Isaacs will be giving a presentation on his recent visit to Vietnam and showing his colourful images capturing the people and the places he encountered.
- As requested at our recent 'Portrait Photography' night, members are also asked to bring an image or two to share with each other after the break. Hopefully these will have been recently taken and include a portrait you have personally captured.
Wed03Apr20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- Guest judge Steve Whittaker will judge these two new competitions for 2019, selecting the very best of your work across the year.
- The competitions for both Prints and Digital Projected Images are open to all members and are not division specific.
- Entries to both these competitions are now closed.
Wed17Apr20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
- The Annual General Meeting will be followed by a joint working session as we mount and frame a number of images to be exhibited for sale in the corridor at Whitehills Health and Community Care Centre in Forfar from 29 April till 25 June 2019.
Wed24Apr20197:00 pmKirriemuir Golf Club
- Come and enjoy dinner together as we recap on the year and announce the annual awards for 2018 - 2019.
- Please arrive at 7.00 pm for the annual club photograph. Dinner will be served at 7.30 pm.
- Dress code? - Relaxed, smart, casual - whatever's comfortable - just come !
Mon29Apr2019Tue25Jun2019As Opening HoursWhitehills Health and Community Care Centre, Forfar
- This is our first ever public exhibition of our work in which we will be hanging framed prints along the art corridor at Whitehills Health and Community Care Centre.
- A selection of suitable images will be invited as donations by their authors before the AGM on the evening of which a joint workshop will take place to mount and frame the images in preparation for hanging on 29 April.
- All images will be offered for sale to the public as a fund raiser for the club.
Wed01May2019Tue03Sep20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Club Breaks for the summer recess.
Don't forget to have a go at the Summer Assignments and submit your best images by email to Alan Edwards before the restart in September.
There are four categories to challenge you . . . .
- Highland Games / Agricultural Shows Capture the action, people and excitement.
- Rivers and Bridges Different angles, long exposures, night time.
- Boats, Planes and Trains On their own, all together if you can!
- Yellow Use your imagination for this one . . .
Sun19May20192:00 pmLeaving at 1.30 pm from Northmuir Hall Car Park or rendezvous Kinclaven Car Park at 2.00pm
A brilliant location at this time of year. Come along and capture the beauty of the bluebells in all their glory. Woodland images and Macro images are abundant here. A great chance to share and learn from other club members.
(Please note this is a repeat visit now that the bluebells are in full bloom).
Wed04Sep20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
An overview of the upcoming season, a refresher on how to enter this year's competitions and an exciting new proposal to hear about. Our experts, M & M will be looking at members' Summer assignment images and we'll be setting the topic for the next image discussion evening in two week's time.
Don't forget your enrolment and payment of fees (£35) and to collect your printed version of this syllabus.
Tue10Sep2019Sun06Oct2019Hamilton Kerr Gallery, Kirriemuir
An exhibition of framed and mounted prints showing the work of club members.
Let your friends know and invite them along.
Wed18Sep20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Remember to bring your camera with you for our Camera Q&A Workshop.
We will also show and discuss members' printed images on the topic of 'Coffee Cups' which was chosen by a roll of the dice on the opening evening. So get out and shoot to order and bring your print with you.
Sun22Sep201910:00 amMeeting place arrangements to be confirmed.
Wed02Oct20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Andy Hall is our first guest speaker of the year and will be talking about "Decisive Moments ~ The Art of Photography" This is a brand new presentation which Andy has put together to illustrate his latest book which will be published soon and Kirrie will be the first ever audience.
He has presented illustrated talks on his photography throughout Scotland, in London and in Brussels for Scotland Europa. His books and talks have been used at conferences and for overseas visitors to provide an insight into the beauty and diversity of Scotland’s landscape. Andy will also be bringing along a selection of his current books which members will have the opportunity to purchase at a reduced club price.
8:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
All entries for the 'Architecture' competition must be submitted by this date to the Competition Secretary. The competition takes place on 30 October 2019. See date below for more details.
Wed16Oct20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
An evening of presentations and discussion on topics suggested or volunteered by members.
Wed30Oct20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
This will be the first competition of our new season. Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will be judged by Gillian Temple CPAGB.
Please note that the hand-in date for this competition is October 2nd 2019 for all Divisions.
Wed13Nov20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
Steve Whittaker will give a presentation and talk entitled "The Road to Distinction"
Sun24Nov201912:00 pmMeet at Bellie's Brae at 12:00 and car share to St. Cyrus or at St.Cyrus nature reserve car park at 13:00. Please let Alan Edwards know if you intend going so that we don't leave anyone at Bellie's Brae.
Wed27Nov20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
This will be an Image Workshop and Group Discussion evening. Remember to bring along your prints for discussion with other members.
The subjects selected at the last club meeting were:
"In a mirror"
"Fruit(s) or vegetable(s)"
Remember also the suggestion from Steve Whittaker that pictures should perhaps be about the subject rather than simply of the subject. Make and print (any size) a photo or two of each of the subjects and bring them along to share and discuss with others.
Wed11Dec20197:30 pmNorthmuir Hall
The Annual Photography Quiz Night and Christmas Buffet. Festive dress is optional but may gain extra points !
8:30 pmNorthmuir Hall